What is Partners in Medicine?
Partners in Medicine (PIM) is a group dedicated to supporting the significant others of University of Utah physician interns, residents and fellows. We provide a support group to families who are in this transitional stage in life. We are a diverse group and although we come from various backgrounds and points of view, we share a common bond – surviving residency and fellowship.
Our organization provides a tremendous network of people and activities to help you make new friends and have fun during residency and fellowship. For many of our members, PIM has become their family away from home.
Follow us on Facebook
Looking for a place to live in Salt Lake City?
Check out our Housing Website for listings of hundreds of properties for sale and rent in the area. Also check out our list of highly recommended Real Estate Agents to help you find the perfect home in Utah. We also have PIM recommended Mortgage Lenders, Financial Advisors, and Tax Accountants to help you navigate the home buying process and the unique financial situations of medical training and beyond.
2018 Partners in Medicine Board
- President: Molly Anderson
- Vice President: Satyra Scoville
- Treasurer/Membership: Odessa Karsy
- Newsletter Editor: Jessika Hedges/Sydney Barfuss
- Housing Webmaster: Melissa White
2018 Partners in Medicine Committee Chairs
- Welcome Brunch: Daisy Phillips, Odessa Karsy, Sydney Barfuss, Emily Tate, Sam Ignatiuk
- Welcome Picnic: Odessa Karsy, Molly Anderson Daisy Phillips, Charla Howard, Rochelle Parker, Celeste Davis
- Helping Hands: Genny Kinsey
- Farewell Luncheon: Odessa Karsy
- Outdoor Club: Charla Howard, Michelle Chestnut
- Ski Day:
- New Moms:
- Playgroup: Sydney Barfuss and Rochelle Parker
- Ladies Night Out: Katie Ager and Sam Ignatiuk
- Ladies Night In:
- Craft Club: Sydney Barfuss, Charla Howard
- Holiday Party: Odessa Karsy, Sydney Barfuss
- Couples Night Out (DATE NIGHT!): Celeste Davis
- Fall Event: Satyra Scoville
- Spring Event: Melissa White and Odessa Karsy
- Pedicure Party: Emily Tate, Sydney Barfuss
- Yard Sale: Jessika Hedges
- New Resident Orientation: Odessa Karsy, Molly Anderson, Melissa White, Satyra Scoville
- Medical School Liaison: Emily Tate
- Book Club:
If you’d like to fill an available position please contact Molly Anderson at email@example.com.
All spouses and significant others of physicians (interns, residents, fellows, attendings, faculty) associated with the University of Utah are eligible for membership. Annual membership dues are $15 and entitle you to a copy of the PIM monthly newsletter with detailed monthly club events and updates, a PIM member directory, and most importantly, the opportunity to meet people going through similar life experiences.