What is Partners in Medicine?
Partners in Medicine (PIM) is a group dedicated to supporting the significant others of University of Utah physician interns, residents and fellows. We provide a support group to families who are in this transitional stage in life. We are a diverse group and although we come from various backgrounds and points of view, we share a common bond – surviving residency and fellowship.
Our organization provides a tremendous network of people and activities to help you make new friends and have fun during residency and fellowship. For many of our members, PIM has become their family away from home.
Follow us on Facebook
Looking for a place to live in Salt Lake City?
Check out our Housing Website for listings of hundreds of properties for sale and rent in the area. Also check out our list of highly recommended Real Estate Agents to help you find the perfect home in Utah. We also have PIM recommended Mortgage Lenders, Financial Advisors, and Tax Accountants to help you navigate the home buying process and the unique financial situations of medical training and beyond.
2018 Partners in Medicine Board
- President: Satyra Scoville
- Vice President: Sydney Barfuss
- Treasurer/Membership: Odessa Karsy
- Newsletter Editor: Molly Anderson
- Housing Webmaster: Melissa White
2018 Partners in Medicine Committee Chairs
- Welcome Brunch: Daisy Phillips, Satyra Scoville, Melissa White, Emily Tate
- Welcome Picnic: Odessa Karsy, Daisy Phillips, Emily Tate
- Helping Hands: Genny Kinsey
- Farewell Luncheon: Odessa Karsy, Satyra Scoville
- Outdoor Club: Charla Howard
- Ski Day:Genny Kinsey
- New Moms:
- Playgroup: Sarah Jensen
- Ladies Night Out: Katie Ager
- Ladies Night In: Satyra Scoville
- Craft Club: Sydney Barfuss, Charla Howard
- Holiday Party: Emily Tate, Sydney Barfuss
- Couples Night Out (DATE NIGHT!): Celeste Davis
- Fall Event: Satyra Scoville, Odessa Karsy
- Spring Event: Melissa White
- Pedicure Party: Emily Tate, Bethany Burnham
- Yard Sale:
- New Resident Orientation: Odessa Karsy, Emily Tate, Melissa White, Satyra Scoville
- Medical School Liaison: Emily Tate
- Book Club: Demi Frandsen
If you’d like to fill an available position please contact Satyra Scoville at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All spouses and significant others of physicians (interns, residents, fellows, attendings, faculty) associated with the University of Utah are eligible for membership. Annual membership dues are $15 and entitle you to a copy of the PIM monthly newsletter with detailed monthly club events and updates, a PIM member directory, and most importantly, the opportunity to meet people going through similar life experiences.