What is Partners in Medicine?
Partners in Medicine (PIM) is a group dedicated to supporting the significant others of University of Utah physician interns, residents and fellows. We provide a support group to families who are in this transitional stage in life. We are a diverse group and although we come from various backgrounds and points of view, we share a common bond – surviving residency and fellowship.
Our organization provides a tremendous network of people and activities to help you make new friends and have fun during residency and fellowship. For many of our members, PIM has become their family away from home.
Follow us on Facebook
Looking for a place to live in Salt Lake City?
Check out our Housing Website for listings of hundreds of properties for sale and rent in the area. Also check out our list of highly recommended Real Estate Agents to help you find the perfect home in Utah. We also have PIM recommended Mortgage Lenders, Financial Advisors, and Tax Accountants to help you navigate the home buying process and the unique financial situations of medical training and beyond.
2017 Partners in Medicine Board
- President: Michelle Chestnut
- Vice President: Molly Anderson
- Treasurer/Membership: Odessa Karsy
- Newsletter Editor: Jessika Hedges
- Housing Webmaster: Melissa White
2017 Partners in Medicine Committee Chairs
- Welcome Brunch: Michelle Chestnut, Sydney Barfuss, Genny Kinsey, Emily Tate
- Welcome Picnic: Odessa Karsy, Michelle Chestnut, Daisy Phillips, and Rochelle Parker
- Helping Hands: Daisy Phillips
- Farewell Luncheon: Odessa Karsy and Laura Vernon
- Outdoor Club: Ali Hersh
- Ski Day: Audrey Morrissey
- New Moms: Rochelle Parker
- Playgroup: Sydney Barfuss and Rochelle Parker
- Ladies Night Out: Audrey Morrissey and Ann Skaggs
- Ladies Night In: Audrey Morrissey and Ann Skaggs
- Craft Club: Molly Anderson
- Holiday Party: Audrey Morrissey and Sydney Barfuss
- Couples Night Out (DATE NIGHT!): Ann Skaggs and Audrey Morrissey
- Fall Event: Ann Skaggs and Audrey Morrissey
- Spring Event: Melissa White and Lisa Nguyen
- Pedicure Party: Michelle Chestnut, Sydney Barfuss
- Yard Sale: Michelle Chestnut
- New Resident Orientation: Odessa Karsy, Molly Anderson, Audrey Morrissey, Michelle Chestnut, Melissa White
All spouses and significant others of physicians (interns, residents, fellows, attendings, faculty) associated with the University of Utah are eligible for membership. Annual membership dues are $15 and entitle you to a copy of the PIM monthly newsletter with detailed monthly club events and updates, a PIM member directory, and most importantly, the opportunity to meet people going through similar life experiences.