We have lots of wonderful businesses that help PIM with donations and support throughout the year. Please check out these great businesses and let them know that you were referred to them by PIM.
- Cameo College of Essential Beauty: The School That Sets The Standard in Beauty Education. Spa and salon services provided by supervised students.
- Great Harvest Bread Company: We’ve been baking whole grain breads for thirty years, way before it became trendy. Learn how we’re educating our customers and why more people are now “going with the grain.”
- Hogle Zoo: Utah’s Hogle Zoo dates from 1931 and is located at the mouth of Emigration Canyon. The Zoo is one of the most visited attractions in Utah and the top paid-for tourist attraction in Salt Lake City.
- Natural History Museum of Utah: The Natural History Museum of Utah (NHMU) is a museum located at the Rio Tinto Center on the campus of the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States. The museum shows exhibits of natural history subjects, specifically about Utah’s natural history. The mission of the museum is to illuminate the natural world and the place of humans within it.
- Red Butte Garden: A non-profit botanical and ecological center provided by University of Utah.
- Salt Lake Bees: The Salt Lake Bees are a minor league baseball team based in Salt Lake City, Utah. The Bees play in the Triple-A Pacific Coast League (PCL) and are the top affiliate of Major League Baseball’s Los Angeles Angels. Home games are played at Spring Mobile Ballpark in Salt Lake City.
- So Cupcake: Utah’s Best Cupcakes, Cakes, Cake Drops, and Mobile Cupcake Cake Truck! Welcome to So Cupcake where we make every event a delicious experience.
- The King’s English: Matching books to readers since 1977.
- Tracy Aviary: Located in Liberty Park, the aviary offers bird shows, immersive exhibits and is an accessible, enjoyable place for families to visit.
- Utah Jazz: Official site containing news, scores, audio and video files, player statistics, and schedules.
- Gallivan Center “Salt Lake City’s Outdoor Living Room” has various events scheduled year round (free concerts, free movies, and more!).
- Tower Theatre & Broadway Theater are Salt Lake City’s art theaters.
- Temple Square has the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, free concerts in Assembly Hall, Mormon Youth Chorus and Symphony and Organ Recitals.
- Salt Lake City has the Utah Symphony Orchestra, Ballet West, Utah Opera Company, Ririe Woodbury Modern Dance Company, Repertory Dance Theater, a host of local theater companies, Comedy Circuit, and many touring performers and shows. Discount tickets are often available through the University.
- Professional sports teams include the Utah Jazz, Grizzlies, REAL Salt Lake (Soccer).
- The EnergySolutions Arena, E-Center, Kingsbury Hall, USANA Amphitheater, Red Butte Garden, The Venue, The Depot, and The Great Salt Air are the primary venues for concerts.
- McKinsey @ Lunatic Fringe, 801/463-0555
- Julie Vanzweden @ Salon UniQue, 801/597-1799
- Jennifer @ Salon Star 21, 801/467-5556
- Sojo Salon, Spa & Boutique, 801/446-0474
- Dexterity Hair Design, 801/364-1420
- Landis Aveda, 801/485-5506
Favorite Recreation Equipment and Apparel Stores
- Wild Rose Mountain Sports
- Patagonia Outlet (great sales during major holidays: President’s Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc.)
- Western Rivers Flyfishing, Cabela’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Scheels
Favorite Health Clubs/Fitness Centers
- The Jewish Community Center (JCC) — special resident membership
- SL Sports Complex
- Cottonwood Heights
- 24 Hour Fitness — U employee/partner discount
- Gold’s Gym
- City Centered Yoga
Favorite Indoor Pools
- Fairmont Aquatic Center, Holladay Lions Recreation Center
Favorite Ski Resorts
- Alta, Snowbird, Park City, Solitude
- Sugarhouse Park
- Donut Falls trailhead in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Mountain Dell Golf Course in Parley’s Canyon
- Flat Iron Mesa Park in Sandy
- Gorgoza Park tubing facility (off I-80, Park City)
Good Auto Mechanic
- Ray’s Muffler 801/292-4731
- Lambert Automotive
- Joanna Taylor Photography http://www.joannataylorphotography.blogspot.com/
- Challenger School
- Jewish Community Center Early Childhood Center
- Community Cooperative Nursery School
- JE Cosgriff Memorial School
- Holladay Baptist Church
- Garfield Learning Center
- Children’s Discovery
- Wasatch Presbyterian
- Christ United Methodist Church Parent’s Day Out
- Expanding Horizons
- Community Cooperative Preschool
- Seven Canyons (Waldorf)
- Realms of Inquiry
- The University of Utah has a great continuing education program, with something for everyone. You can pick up a catalog at their office at the University. As a spouse to a U employee, you also get a discount!
- The Salt Lake and Granite school districts have classes for both adults and children.
- Gallivan Center schedules free noontime classes through Salt Lake Community Education.
- City Libraries have story times for children and various programs for adults. Check your local branch for listings.
- Westminster College offers night classes with financing available.
Favorite Local Shops
- Hip N’ Humble
- Koo de Ker
- Artichokes & Company
- The Children’s Hour
- Babinski’s Baby
- Tutoring Toy
- The King’s English Bookshop
- Blue Cockatoo
- Piper’s Quilts & Comforts
- Paisley Pomegranate
- Gray Whale Music Shop
- Paper Creations
- Elaine’s Quilt Block
Favorite Consignment Shops
- Name Droppers (clothing and accessories)
- Emilie Jayne (home goods)
- SecondHand Chic (home goods and women’s clothing)
- Consignment Circuit (clothing and home goods)
- Pibs Exchange (clothing; also has great selection of new costumes)
- Kid-to-Kid (clothing, books, toys)
- Play it Again Sports (sports equipment/gear)
- Home Again (home goods)
- The Gateway
- City Center
- South Towne Center
- Fashion Place
- Historic Trolley Square
- Tanger Outlets (Park City)
- Shopping areas: 9th & 9th (900 South 900 East), 15th & 15th (1500 South 1500 East)
Favorite Specialty Grocers
- Liberty Heights Fresh
- Tony Caputo’s
- Emigration Market
- The Kura Door
- Knead a Massage
- Utah College of Massage Therapy (inexpensive massages on weekends)
- Finnish Touch Day Spa
- Breathe Day Spa
- Akasha Spa
- Shirodhara Day Spa
**Please check with your insurance to be sure providers are in your network.**
- Dr. Katie McElligot (801) 581-2321, University of Utah Clinic 6
- Dr. Charles W. Ralston (801) 581-2321, University of Utah Clinic 6
- Dr. Paul Ferreira (801) 278-4693 Holladay Pediatrics 2180 East 4500 South
- Dr. Jennifer Van-Horn 801/213-2995, University of Utah Clinic 4
- Dr. Stephanie Wilder 801/213-2995, University of Utah Clinic 4
- Dr. Howard Sharp 801/213-2995, University of Utah Clinic 4
- Dr. Lorraine Szczesny 801/521-4500, 508 East South Temple, Suite 300
- U of U Internal Med 801/581-2231 University of Utah
Internal Medicine of Salt Lake
- Dr. Kim Roberts 801/424-3500, 4046 S. Highland Drive (make sure to tell them PIM sent you!)
- Dr. Randy Barnhisel 801/262-6811, Salt Lake Smile Design, 4790 South 900 East, Suite G
- Dr. Kelly Carroll 801/943-2020, Brighton Dentistry, 2114 Fort Union Blvd.
- Dr. Brent Curtis 801/486-0660, 2025 South 1300 East #3
- Burg Pediatric Dentistry 801/272-8555, 1580 East 3900 South
Fertility (Reproductive Endocrinologists)
- Dr. C. Matthew Peterson 801/581-4838, Utah Center for Reproductive Medicine, 675 Arapeen Way
Visit www.slcgov.com (the official website for Salt Lake City) and www.gocitykids.com to find out all the things happening for children.
- Silver Lake at the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Park City
- Millcreek Canyon
- Antelope Island
- This is the Place Heritage Park
- Red Butte Garden
- Olympic Park Museum (Park City)
- City Parks
- Recreation Centers: Salt Lake County operates 12 recreation centers, 17 aquatic centers, and 3 ice centers. The recreation centers all have unbelievable amounts of sports programs and activities for children.
- Scenic Drives:
- Skyline Drive in the Avenues
- All Wasatch canyons: Big and Little Cottonwood, Millcreek, Provo, etc.
- Mount Timpanogos highway to Robert Redford’s Sundance Resort
State Attractions (Check out all the National Parks in Utah)
- Dead Horse Point
- Zion National Park
- Bryce Canyon
- Lake Powell
- Mirror Lake in the Uintas
- Arches National Park
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Canyonlands National Park
- Green River/Flaming Gorge Reservoir
- Albion Basin in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Dead Horse Point State Park, near Moab and Canyonlands (great sunsets)
- Devil’s Garden, Arches National Park
- Goblin Valley State Park, near Green River (great rock formations)
- Jordanelle Reservoir (great fishing and very nice campgrounds)
- Kodachrome Basin State Park (near Bryce Canyon)
- Payson Lakes (not too far away, takes reservations, swimming available)
- San Rafael Reef (secluded, bring your own water)
- Snow Canyon, St. George
- Southern Utah National Park Campgrounds: Bryce, Zion, Cedar Breaks, Capitol Reef
- Spruces Campground in Big Cottonwood
- Canyon Tanners Flat in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Uinta Mountains: dozens of campgrounds east of Kamas in a rugged wilderness area
Hiking (Great hiking books: Hiking the Wasatch by John Veranth, Best Hikes with Children in Utah by Maureen Keilty, 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: Salt Lake City by Greg Witt)
- Foothills above Salt Lake City & the ancient Lake Bonneville Shoreline Trail (as easy or as strenuous as you wish with great views of the city and the valley)
- Trails in all the Wasatch Canyons: Big and Little Cottonwoods; Millcreek; Neffs; Provo; Red Butte; American Fork; etc. (for all levels of abilities)
- Good hikes with kids:
- Little Cottonwood Canyon: White Pine Trail; Cecret Lake trails
- Big Cottonwood Canyon: Snowbird Barrierfree Trail; Lake Mary, Silver Lake; Donut Falls
Outings and Sightseeing