Newcomer’s Telephone Directory— the numbers you need for utilities, vehicle registration, getting the family settled and more!

Getting the House in Shape  
Electricity: Rocky Mountain Power 888/221-7070
Gas: Questar Gas 800/323-5517

Century Link




Garbage, Water & Sewer: Dept. of Public Utilities 801/483-6900
Deseret Industries (for donating or used items) 801/532-6201
SLCgreen (recycling) 801/535-6470
Health Department 385/468-4100
Vehicle Registration & Licensing  
DMV 801/297-7780
Dept. of Public Safety 801/535-2600
Getting Help  
Police, Fire, Ambulance (emergency only) 911
Poison Control 800-222-1222
Better Business Bureau 801/892-6009
Getting the Family Settled  
Utah Office of Education 801/538-7500
Libraries 801/524-8200
Welcome to Utah 801/967-7818
Child Care Resource & Referral service 801/537-1044  Children’s Service Society
Getting Informed  
Newspaper Service: Salt Lake Tribune 801/204-6100
Voter Registration 801/468-3427
Lieutenant Governor’s Office 801/538-1000
Mayor’s Office 801/535-7704
Job Service 801/536-7000
Chamber of Commerce 801/364-3631
Getting Around  
Utah Transit Authority 801/287-4660
Highway Patrol 801/965-4518
Non-Emergency UHP 801/887-3800
Road Conditions 511
Other Relocation Resources  
The Newcomers Club 801/261-5656